Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One That Did Not Happen


This is Fiesta Kaleidoscope by Bonnie Lynn McCaffery ~ I bought the fabrics and cut out most of the colors for the center, attended the first of three classes, and realized that this level of paper piecing was way beyond my beginner skills or patience. I went home that afternoon with one of the worst headaches I can remember, despite Pam's best efforts to mentor and coach me through the process.

Everything about the project went into a box and stayed there for a year or so before I quit feeling guity about not finishing the top and decided to let go of the problem. Since then I have utilized almost all of the pre-cut pieces for other projects and I've never signed up for this kind of paper piecing project again.

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Always good to know what we like doing and what we don't. Is that just one block I'm looking at? I thought it was a finished top, but if it's a project that didn't happen, I'm guessing not.

Nancy said...

It is beautiful, but technically above my skill level, too.

I've done one paper-pieced quilt (simple pattern) but I vowed never to do another one.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I understand, completely, that feeling of sheer and utter frustration brought on by TOO MUCH ALL AT ONCE. I'd say you definitely made the right move for you at the time. I would have done the same thing,I can relate and sympathize.