Friday, July 10, 2009

Baby and Prayer Quilt Summer (2005)

His and Her prayer quilts made for a couple whose mother/MIL was terminally ill.


Prayer quilt made for my personal trainer who had just been diagnosed with MS.

Prayer quilt for one of DH's co-workers whose husband was gravely ill.


Baby quit for a former co-worker ~ her first child.

Baby quilt for another former co-worker ~ his second child.

Baby quilt for another former co-worker ~ her first child.

Summer 2005 was a time of juxtaposition for great joy and considerable sadness, as well as a time for many colors.

7 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Summer 2005 was also a time of Service, giving. Delightful, sensational and simple and sweet service.

Nancy said...

You have touched so many lives with your quilts. I am sure they are still appreciated and treasured.

Twisted Quilts said...

Great quilts, I love the ones with bold colors and the others with softer colors. Your prayer quilts don't appear to be tied. Summer 2005 was a time of highs and lows for my family. Our oldest son was married and about a month later my mother in law had a stroke and died.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Each of these quilts was quilted on my Bernina using my signature ripple quilting, simple parallel lines, or large-scale cross-hatching. I didn't learn about prayer quilts being tied until later on . . .

Unknown said...

wow. this is so much more than writing the occasional note. i'll be these prayer quilts will be handed down through generations as cherished heirlooms.

Selvage Quilter said...

I'm enjoying your new blog! This is what quilting is all about. It's part of our lives - mixed in with the happy and the sad. Thank you, Julie.

Nancy said...

Wondering if you can tell me the quilt pattern you used to make the prayer quilts. I love the blue one and the colorful one especially. I am about to start a quilt for a friend who is facing failing vision and also a possible cancer diagnosis and I think a prayer quilt would be perfect. Plus, the large blocks would be easier to see. Thanks so much.
Nancy