
“It’s time for a kiss. It’s time for a hug.
Get ready to sleep as snug as a bug.”
(author unknown)

Soothing and comforting like . . thick cherry syrup, decadent amaretto mousse, sun-warmed golden honey, buttery caramel, freshly ground cinnamon, real vanilla, creamy butterscotch, and dark sweet chocolate . . this quilt was made with 5” charm squares from the Buttercream & Figs, Meadow Waltz, Rites of Spring, Country Paths, Wuthering Heights, a Day in the Country, Aunt Purdy’s Parlor, and Cinnamon Stars collections (all Moda fabrics featuring designers from Fig Tree Quilts, Brannock & Patek, Kansas Troubles Quilters, and Three Sisters.)

Kitty-tested and approved by Miss Angel, this was my first (and only) charm quilt. Ironically, it was also the first quilt I made that was actually used on one of our beds!
Postscript:
Sweet Dreams was later gifted to Chris for use on her bed. It looks even better there than it did at our house . . .
3 comments:
Looks like Miss Angel Kitty loves it! I love the colors... adds to the cozy warm feel. Reminds me of a cozy fall day.
It is delicious, every bit as much as you describe; treats for the soul and spirit.
I was delighted when Julie gave me this quilt. How generous! It looks just perfect in my newly painted room and plays well with the other decor. She listened to me say a million times how I needed a real quilt for my bed, and I just haven't gotten around to it, and I am a quilter too! Thanks Julie for thinking of me, when you decided to re-cycle. It has such a happy home!
Post a Comment