Wednesday, February 17, 2010

FIESTA!


First came a graduation quilt for our middle nephew ~ Kudzu

Next came a wedding quilt for our eldest nephew and his bride ~ Panjii.

Fiesta!, for our youngest nephew’s high school graduation, completed my 2006 trilogy of nephew quilts, affectionately known as ‘The Brotherhood of Quilts.’

Challenge: Combine orange and purple, his two favorite colors.
Pattern used: Yellow Brick Road
Size: Generous Twin XL (for a dorm room bed)
Machine Quilted by Chris Ballard
Gifted: May, 2008

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love it!! Purple and orange are one of my favorite color combinations. Great job!

jovaliquilts said...

When I was in junior high school, I desperately wanted an orange and purple dress, so I can relate to his color choices. The quilt looks great -- I love how the occasional pinks and blacks and golds really make the rest of the quilt pop.