One of the "long time on the to-do list" projects was creating a t-shirt quilt for our younger son. I had an eclectic group of Boy Scout shirts, neckerchiefs, and patches plus church youth group trip shirts, his high school graduation stole, and items from the 1997 BSA Jamboree to work with.
The first project was determining what kind of interfacing was needed to stabilize all the various fabrics (tricot fusible from JoAnn's online).
At this point, I was not yet a truly liberated quilter, only a scrappy quilter. It took a little doing, but finally, I had a layout that worked.
Borders were added and his four Philmont patches (he attended once as a member of our troop's crew, once on a Venture work-crew, and twice on summer staff) to the four corner blocks. It had become a flimsy!
Chris quilted it with her wonderful meandering
She used echo quilting in the corner blocks to highlight the patches.
The quilt now hangs above the head of his bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment