Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fantastic Felines

This colorful whole-cloth quilt was made for my mother-in-law ~ I quilted it using an expanded version of what I now call my 'ripple' quilting.

Here's a close up of the front fabric.

This is the fabric on the back side of the quilt.

And this is my very own fantastic feline ~ Miss Angel (1995-2010) ~ kitty-testing the quilt.

[postscript: after MIL passed away in 2009, this quilt was donated to Margaret's Hope Chest so that a homeless child in Grand Rapids, MI would have a warm kitty-themed quilt to soften at least a part of their days.]

3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I have used that fabric myself. (I am not planning on how to USE-UP my Laurel Burch collection. ABC is your hint.)

Laura said...

I love that fabric and what a great history behind the quilt.

*karendianne. said...

Oh pretty quilt and look, Miss Angel. So cuteamous she was.