Created for my sister’s October 2006 birthday [she loves lighthouses]. I was able to give to her in person when we met for our Sisters Weekend in St. Louis.
Pattern from Sew One and You’re Done Quilted by me!
...we come to quilt making looking for a respite from one set of challenges by embracing a very different set ~ involving color, pattern, sensuality, skill, and order, in an ever-changing mixture. . . . The act of making patchwork quilts [has] provided an oasis of grace in my life. I [have] pitched my pieced tent in that oasis, finding shelter and warmth for my psyche...
[from Quilting to Save My Life by Janet Catherine Berlo, author of Quilting Lessons: Notes from the Scrap Bag of a Writer and Quilter]
Liberated. Eclectic. Colorful. Scrappy. These four words encompass who I am as a quilt maker. I love sharing my process from gestation through completion here on the blog and my alter ego “Quiltdivajulie” and I agree, it is ALL about the journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment