Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Priority Quilts No. 3 and 4

PQ #374 started out to be a sweet, comforting piece made with scrappy reproduction fabrics.  It changed, as is so often the case when Alzheimer's is involved, to a statement of frustration and division.

Machine pieced and machine quilted with hand applied alphabet beads spelling out the name of the quilt:  Memories Interrupted

PQ #431 happened quickly - machine pieced from a block pattern found at The Quilters Cache and machine quilted, all in one evening! 

The label featured this verse:

Star light, star bright
First star you see tonight.
I pray you may, I pray you might
Find some peace in all this strife.

When the quilt was offered in the monthly AAQI online auction, I was frustrated at the low bid so I entered a bid to buy back my own quilt.

A few days later, one of my co-workers mentioned that she had bid on one of my quilts but lost out at the last minute.  Turned out she and I had been bidding against each other! 


There was a happy ending:  she bought the quilt from me for the bid price she had offered (ironically, the same as mine).   That's Janet on the left and yours truly on the right.

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This just makes me smile~ your pieces are wonderful, as always!

*karendianne. said...

Gosh friend I love reading about these. The beads are amazing. Your work is amazing as well. The words on the label of PQ #431 really grabbed me. Funny story about the bidding on this one!